Headsets are capable of delivering sounds at loud volumes and high pitched tones. Exposure to such sounds can result in permanent hearing loss damage. The volume level may vary based on conditions such as the phone you are using, its reception and volume settings, and the environment. Please read the safety guidelines below prior to using this headset.
1. Prior to using this product follow these steps:
• before putting on the headset, turn the volume control to its lowest level,
• put the headset on, and then
• slowly adjust the volume control to a comfortable level.
2. During the use of this product
• Keep the volume at the lowest level possible and avoid using the headset in noisy environments where you may be inclined to turn up the volume;
• If increased volume is necessary, adjust the volume control slowly, and;and
• If you experience discomfort or ringing in your ears, immediately discontinue using the headset and consult a physician.
With continued use at high volume, your ears may become accustomed to the sound level, which may result in permanent damage to your hearing without any noticeable discomfort.
Using the headset while operating a motor vehicle, motorcycle, watercraft or bicycle may be dangerous, and is illegal in some jurisdictions. Check your local laws. Use caution while using your headset when you are engaging in any activity that requires your full attention. While engaging in any such activity, removing the headset from your ear area or turning off your headset will keep you from being distracted, so as to avoid accident or injury.
WARNING!EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST and AFRICA
Permanent hearing loss may result from long-term exposure to sound at high volumes. Use as low a volume as possible and avoid prolonged used of the speaker at excessive sound pressuer levels. Please read the Safety Guidelines below prior to using the speaker.
You Can Reduce the Risk of Hearing Damage by Following These Safety Guidelines During the Use of the Product:
• Turn the volume control to its lowest level, when connecting the speaker and then
• Slowly adjust the volume control to a comfortable level.
• Keep the volume at the lowest level possible;
• If increased volume is necessary, adjust the volume control slowly; and
• If you experience discomfort or ringing in your ears, immediately discontinue using the speaker.
With continued use at a high volume, your ears may become accustomed to the sound level, which may result in permanent damage to your hearing without any noticeable discomfort.
• If you have a pacemaker or other electrical medical devices, you should consult your physician before using the product.
• This package contains small parts that may be hazardous to children. Always store the product out of reach of children. The bags themselves or the many small parts they contain may cause choking if ingested.
• Never try to dismantle the product yourself, or push objects of any kind into the product, as this may cause short circuits which could result in a fire or electric shock.
• None of the components can be replaced or repaired by users. Only authorized dealers or service centers may open the product. If any parts of your product require replacement for any reason, including normal wear and tear or breakage, contact your dealer.
• Avoid exposing your product to rain, moisture or other liquids.
• If the product overheats, has been dropped or damaged or has been dropped in a liquid, discontinue use.
• Never mount or store the product over any airbag deployment area, as serious injury may result when an airbag deploys.
• Dispose of the product according to local standards and regulations.
Remember: Always drive safely, avoid distractions and follow local laws!
Use of the speaker while operating a motor vehicle may be regulated by local laws. Check with your local authorities. Use caution while using your speaker when you are engaging in any activity that requires your full attention.
BUILT-IN BATTERY CARE:
• Your product is powered by a rechargeable battery. The full performance of a new battery is achieved only after two or three complete charge and discharge cycles. Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a charger, since overcharging may shorten its lifetime.
• If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
• Leaving the product in hot or cold places, such as in a closed car in the summer and winter conditions, will reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery.
• Always try to keep the battery between 0°C and 45°C (32°F and 113°F). A product with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily, even when the battery is fully charged.
• ”Caution” – The battery used in the product may present a risk of fire or chemical burn if mistreated. Batteries may explode if damaged.
• Only recharge your battery with the provided approved chargers designated for the product.
• Dispose of batteries according to local regulations. Please recycle when possible. Do not dispose the battery as household waste or in a fire as it may explode.
• Unless otherwise specified in the user manual or quick start guide the battery in your product can not be removed or replaced by the user. Any attempt to do so is risky and may result in damage of the product.
For information on batteries please go to www.jabra.com/batteries.
• Do not attempt to charge your product with anything other than the AC adapter provided. The use of any other types may damage or destroy the product and could be dangerous. Use of other chargers may invalidate any approval or warranty. For availability of approved enhancements, please check with your dealer.
• Charge the product according to the instructions supplied with the product.
Important: Please refer to the user manual for a description of the charging status indicator lights. Some speakers cannot be used while charging.
• When you disconnect the power cord or any enhancement, grasp and pull the plug, not the cord. Never use a charger that is damaged.
• Do not attempt to disassemble the charger as it may expose you to dangerous electric shock.
This product is CE marked according to the provisions of the R & TTE Directive (1999/5/EC). Hereby, GN Audio A/S declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC.
For further information please consult http://www.jabra.com.
For R&TTE Class 2 equipment only: Within the EU this device is intended to be used in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cypress, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland. Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom and within EFTA in Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.